Ingredients Glaze Ingredients
2 pork chops ¼ cup honey
Salt 1 Tbsp garlic scapes, chopped*
Pepper 2 tsp soy sauce
Cooking oil 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Allow pork chops to come to room temperature before cooking. Chop the garlic scapes. Whisk together the honey, soy sauce, lemon juice and garlic scapes and set aside.
- Salt and pepper both sides of the pork chops. Heat cooking oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the pork chops when the skillet is hot.
- Sear the pork chops for 3 minutes on each side. The browning is super important to flavor so don’t touch the pork chops the first couple of minutes that they are in the pan!
- Once seared, turn the heat down to LOW and add the honey garlic sauce. Scrape up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan and stir into the sauce.
- Allow the pork chops to simmer until they are done – about 5 or 6 minutes*. Remove pork chops from pan and let sauce continue to thicken if need be. Sauce is done when you can pull a spatula through it and it leaves a slight trail.
*can substitute 1-2 cloves garlic
**Pork chops should be cooked to 145 degrees F but will continue to cook once removed from the pan so you can remove them from the pan when they are 130 degrees F. – you can check temperature by inserting a meat thermometer through the side and into the middle of the pork chop.
***Note that this recipe is for 2 pork chops as it was originally designed for our Date Night CSA. However, it can easily be scaled up!
We also have a Q&A section here